Newbie question on wheels.

Moderator: Moderators

Philsbike
My Bike: tomos moped

Newbie question on wheels.

Post by Philsbike »

Hi all, I am doing a wheel swap on an old Kawasaki Turbo, I have bought some ZXR400 wheels which I believe are L wheels, but I am now told I need H wheels! So my question to you guys is, what is the difference between H and L wheels other than the larger rear wheel spindle on the L wheels??? Also if the are the same what is the chance of finding the spacer that goes into the sprocket side bearing for an H (17mm spindle) as I would assume I can just swap bearings and use the later wheels.

Thanks for your help on the first of many questions winks

Phil
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Re: Newbie question on wheels.

Post by cargo »

The chances of find most Kawasaki ZXR 400 parts for L and H models are extremely good..................phone Cradley Kawasaki

I'm sure there is a thread that deals with L and H model wheel swaps but you trying something more than just that.............you might find someone with H wheels that will do a swap with you?
Philsbike

Post by Philsbike »

Hi all, I am still trying to find if the L and H wheels are the same, is the front wider on the hub on the later L model?? or any suggestions where I can find this info would be fantastic.

Cheers, Phil
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

h and l wheels are different.
Philsbike

Post by Philsbike »

Yes but how are they different..........
Max4music
My Bike: zx7r / zxr400

Post by Max4music »

Not 100% sure if this is all, but H1 rear has a different sprocket carrier fitment to H2's and L's . H1's use a front wheel much the same as L's but they require a spacer about 3mm deeper. Thats all I know... winks