Tyre pressures

Moderator: Moderators

Bikerz
My Bike: tomos moped

Tyre pressures

Post by Bikerz »

:smt010 nearly killed myself and ninja today. ive been a tit, found my tyre pressures are about 30psi, so thorught that was a bit low, put them up to 36psi which is clearly too much and i nearly lost it many times today. what pressure should i run? Iv got a set of nearly new Dunlops (iv forgoten which ones, guessing the sporty ones)

Cheers

Sheldon
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

well dunlop recommend rear tyre pressure around 36psi, i have a dunlop rear and its a real toad on damp roads if i run at that, it works ok at 36 if the road looks like a small river or is totally dry. so i bin running it around 34 most the time. on nice dry days it gets the proper treatment and i'll pump it up to 36.

I guess have a lil play with it, nothing too drastic, and see which you prefer the feel of

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
RobZX636RNinja

Post by RobZX636RNinja »

i know this dont help as i got a different bike , but mine says 36 front and i think 42 rear , so i would say 36 sounds about right , Rob
Kawasaki ZX636R Ninja 2005
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

cheers rob, well they were 30 psi when i checked them and been riding on that and they feel fine, but i thourght 30 seemed a bit low so pumped front and rear upto 36psi and thats too much on both clearly even in this warm weather, just wondering on what i should run? 32? 34?
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

Lol, dont run the front at 36psi.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
zixxer

Post by zixxer »

perhaps the problem isn't your tyres? what state is your rear shock / forks in?
Irish Roads. Ribbed for your displeasure
RobZX636RNinja

Post by RobZX636RNinja »

Xphyral wrote:Lol, dont run the front at 36psi.

why not ? , its manufacturors reckomended tyre pressure , before you start to push your bike just ride a few miles without banking it over too far , get some heat in the tyre and your be getting to operational temperatures, although in this mildish weather it will take a fair few more miles , but i dont seen how dropping tyre psi will help too much , only when the tyres are dead cold , but no one should be silly and push the bike with cold tyres ne ways , take it easy , Rob
Kawasaki ZX636R Ninja 2005
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

was referring to bikerz, your on a different bike, different weight, different tyres. he said he put front and rear at 36, which means his front tyre was far too hard and it would only get worse as the tyres got warmer.

36psi front tyre is not a manufacturer recommendation

Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

zixxer bike was fine 1 min before i changed the tyre presure mate :smt003 its all done to me changing the pressure, my fualt. il try 33 up front then cheers. what about rear? its too high too try 33 in that too? was a sunny day today, but road temprate at 9 C so still cold i surpose just sun was shinning
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

aye manufacturers specs are 33 front 36 rear,

Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

cheers mate, im going down a bit on rear, thsi was a bit of a piontless post thinking about it, i think i should just play with them myself till i find what i like which was 30 and 30.lol
Bandido
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Tyre pressures

Post by Bandido »

I got BT090's on mine mate, Bridgestone recommend 34f and 40r but it's like riding on marbles. Run em at 32f and 35r and they are fine like that

James :smt003
Motorbikes are better than partners
Imsimon

Post by Imsimon »

i used to go for 32front and about 34-36 on the rear
I am the bladed one
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

cheers. i took them both down to 34, and the rear was fine, but gona take front down to 32 today. 34 up front you can tell it was far better than 36 tho.

i feel happy that i can tell the difference between 2psi :smt003