My Bike: kh250

H2 REAR WHEEL

Post by stephen k »

HI IS THE H2 REAR WHEEL THE SAME AS H1 THANKS STEPHEN
noelb
My Bike: ZXR4H , H'Berg , BMW R12S

Re: H2 REAR WHEEL

Post by noelb »

Nope - H1 has smaller spindle and bigger cush drive.
stephen k

Post by stephen k »

THANKS
stephen k

Post by stephen k »

noelb wrote:Nope - H1 has smaller spindle and bigger cush drive.
WHEN YOU SAY BIGGER CUSH DRIVE DO YOU MEAN WIDER THANKS
noelb

Post by noelb »

Bigger diameter for sure - not sure about the width. The H2 is very similar to many later model Kawasaki's. I'm searched a breakers yard with a vernier caliper trying to find a wider one to fit my ER6 wheel on a H2 but they were all pretty much the same! Ended up making a spacer for the H2 one.
stephen k

Post by stephen k »

noelb wrote:Bigger diameter for sure - not sure about the width. The H2 is very similar to many later model Kawasaki's. I'm searched a breakers yard with a vernier caliper trying to find a wider one to fit my ER6 wheel on a H2 but they were all pretty much the same! Ended up making a spacer for the H2 one.
CHEERS IVE FITTED A ZXR400L REAR WHEEL IN A H1 SWING ARM I USED A 20MM TUBE WITH A 1.5 WALL TO GET THE H1 SPINDEL TO FITTED BUT I,M BUILDING A KH250 HYBRID THE REASON I WANTED TO KNOW IF THE L1 SPOCKET CARRIER WAS WIDER AS I GOT TO REDUCE THE SPOCKET CARRIER FOR THE CHAIN TO LINE UP THANKS
noelb

Post by noelb »

It depends a bit on whether you need to get the overall width down or just get the sprocket closer. Overall width is likely to be a bit trickier but if the sprocket needs to come in a bit you should be able to pull the sprocket studs (heat to soften the Loctite) and turn it down a bit?
stephen k

Post by stephen k »

noelb wrote:It depends a bit on whether you need to get the overall width down or just get the sprocket closer. Overall width is likely to be a bit trickier but if the sprocket needs to come in a bit you should be able to pull the sprocket studs (heat to soften the Loctite) and turn it down a bit?
THANKS I JUST WANT TO BRING THE SPOCKET IN CLOSER
noelb

Post by noelb »

I'd reckon if you're crazy / talented enough to take on a KH250 hybrid then you'll have the skills or contacts to get the chain line in a bit. Sounds like an interesting project and metal on is generally a happier place to be than trying to add it! :smt001

Let us know how it goes!
Noel B.