Supercorsa Pros in the wet?

Moderator: Moderators

KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Supercorsa Pros in the wet?

Post by KwakKwak »

Currently running dragon supercorsa pros, practically new, came with bike, has anyone used these in the wet, I realise these are a summer road legal track tyre, the bike is mainly for dry road use, am I correct in thinking as long as I don't get too enthusiastic in the wet they will get me home, or am I in for a shock if I get caught in the rain.
Have spent a fortune on the bike lately, could do without new tyres too.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
GibboN
My Bike: ZXR400 M4 ('94)

Re: Supercorsa Pros in the wet?

Post by GibboN »

I'd just back right off in the wet anyway. Couldn't believe the difference the rain had on my braking first time out. Must have locked up the rear tyre 2 or 3 times.

I know they're new but keep an eye on the wear and treads too. Track tyres will get used up a lot quicker than street ones.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

They'll be fine in the wet so long as you don't get too heroic. The problem with them is keeping them warm in the wet. Tyre temp is everything when it comes to wet grip

I've got a rear you can have FOC........................and maybe a front too.................but I need to keep fronts for my 1100.

I rode at Kirkistown on Sat in stinking horrible rain.............using full wets and actually quite enjoyed it.
400y
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400H1 GSXR600

Post by 400y »

I raced with Dragons on my twin and found them a good tyre in dry and light rain conditions.

As with any tyre when riding on the road, its all in the way you use your right hand - smooth throttle and early braking will save a few quid on new fairings!
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

400y wrote:I raced with Dragons on my twin and found them a good tyre in dry and light rain conditions.

As with any tyre when riding on the road, its all in the way you use your right hand - smooth throttle and early braking will save a few quid on new fairings!

And you were flying in the wet on Sat...............................
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

cargo wrote:They'll be fine in the wet so long as you don't get too heroic. The problem with them is keeping them warm in the wet. Tyre temp is everything when it comes to wet grip

I've got a rear you can have FOC........................and maybe a front too.................but I need to keep fronts for my 1100.

I rode at Kirkistown on Sat in stinking horrible rain.............using full wets and actually quite enjoyed it.

Good to know, the wife gets paranoid if i'm out and it rains with these tyres, I'm not even that heroic in the dry.......yet, remember riding the backroads round Drumbo in my youth in the wet in a rather enthusiastic manner, was good fun, my sphericals have shrunk since then though.
Cheers for the offer, be careful with that FOC though, people might get the impression you're a nice guy :tease
400y wrote:I raced with Dragons on my twin and found them a good tyre in dry and light rain conditions.

Planning to keep her below 6.000 in the wet, as for the right hand, I've been married for years, so have perfect control

Thanks chaps, just making sure.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

nice guy ?????????????? fook that

I'm just overloaded with part worn tyres and no space to keep them......................I'll drop something off with you on Wed
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Cheers mate, and here's me admiring all the space I've created in my garage, more than happy to pay, might need a rummage in your box o bits, few silly bits missing from bike, see you on Wed.