Tyre......

Moderator: Moderators

pcourt
My Bike: tomos moped

Tyre......

Post by pcourt »

Had a new rear tyre about 500 miles ago. Went to get the bike out of the garage yesterday and its fairly flat :smt017 on closer inspection there's a nail :smt011 right in the middle of the tyre gone right through and protruding from the tyre slightly.

Can bike tyres be repaired? If so is it worth it?

I think that at the moment its just causing a slow puncture, i'm tempted to pump it up and ride it the 8 or so miles to the tyre shop. Think i'd get away with it?

Cheers,
Pete
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

Yeah as long as you dont shift the nail it'll ride to the bike shop. just avoid big pot holes and take it easy on the way. Should be repairable too

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
pcourt

Post by pcourt »

Its looks as though the nail will shift as its right on in the middle of the contact area, but it didnt happen in the garage so i guess i must have ridden with it anyway........ i reckon ill probably risk it. Typical though, why couldnt this have happend to the old one!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

always the same mate, i had my pirelli diablos on for 2 weeks and got a great screw in the rear :smt003 (no jokes please!) anyways took it back and they repaired it but didn't feel confident with it so put another new one on.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
pcourt

Post by pcourt »

oh dear, one great screw in the rear and now a nailing from behind...... what's next! :smt009
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

If you have a nail in the center contact patch of the tyre just take the twisty road and stay on your tyre edges :)

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

if the tyer is quite ne and still have loads of tred on it depending what sorta tyer it is then you can get it fixed like you can with a car tyer, i know this as i have done loads of them im my old job :smt001 i hope that this helps.
rev-it! :)