What are the best tyres for my zxr? little help please!

Moderator: Moderators

greengoblin
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: 96 ZX7R, 01 ZX6R

Post by greengoblin »

Forgot to add , I've just tried a set of Dunlop Qualifiers.

Never been a fan of Dunnys before, (bit unpredictable) but these are very confidence inspiring....
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Xphyral »

Contisport tyre pressures: 36 and 42 front/rear.

Probably the highest manufacturer reccomendation i've seen on a tyre for the 400. i had better results out of em when i dropped the rear to 40.5/41.

my zxr750 has d208's on it atm and their wonderful in the dry. slightest bit of water though it's like riding on ice, dial in half a mm too much throttle and the back of the bike starts to think it's capirossi's GP bike. Put a lot of roundabouts into your journey and they square off quite quickly even faster on cold damp roads.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
mickzxr400
My Bike: k7 gsx-r600

Post by mickzxr400 »

I appreciate your help guys!!
Live Life Fast
ZXR_AL
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by ZXR_AL »

i always use pirellie supercorsa pro's (track) and have not found any bad points for them yet - sold some part worn set to friends for the road and they loved them 2 - ive got 20 or 30 sets of part worns lying around my garage - email me at zxrracer@btinternet.com if you want to buy some to try - they will impress you!
A J Racing
mickzxr400
My Bike: k7 gsx-r600

Post by mickzxr400 »

I finally got myself a new set of tyres today lads i decided to go for the bridgestone bt-014s they seemed pretty solid even driving home in the wet! running in new tyres in the rain not a good idea lol :smt003
Live Life Fast