Moderator: Moderators

ZXR King
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Speedo?

Post by ZXR King »

Hi everyone,

I was riding back from work today along the A1. It was really windy and quite difficult to hear exactly what the bike was doing. I had hit near 100 mph and about 10,000 rpm(which is about as fast as itll go as its restricted to 33bhp) and then slowed down again. I accelerated again afterwards from about 70mph (7000 rpm ish) and I only saw the revs go up to about 9000 but the speed did not go above 70? This happened the whole way back? I couldn't get the speedo to go above 70 mph but it felt like I was going a lot faster and the revs were rising! I kind of remember seeing the speedo "bounce" between 65 and 75 at one point when I was decelerating? Don't know what went on there? Has anyone had this problem before? Thanks

James
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Hmmmm, shouldnt bounce around, perhaps the cable is on its way out. Get the cable out and check it over, while its out run some fresh oil down the cable sheath :smt001
ZXR King
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by ZXR King »

Where does the cable run to? I guess it starts at the back of the speedo, but how is it connected? Shall I just pull it out of the sheath and then push it back through? Thanks very much

James
gingernm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr400 l9

Post by gingernm »

Speedo cable screws into left hand side of clocks, look for black cable with silver attachement.

Tracks down inside nose cone, down left fork leg, into sender unit between left fork leg and front wheel spindle.

Check cable ends are clean and square slightly rounded off on ends, that none of the cable is tatty or broken.

Cable can be picked up on Ebay cheaply.

Rob.
Been there, seen it, done it...... back to a 400 ;-)