Front tyre profile

Moderator: Moderators

Saints

Front tyre profile

Post by Saints »

Hey guys just bought my first ZXR400 got a 93 and I've got big plans for her! But one of the first things I need to get sorted is a new set of tyres. I've previously has a 2000 R6 which comes with a 120/60 front tyre as standard but most ppl I spoke to changed to a 120/70 profile and everyone I spoke to at trackdays has a 120/70.

Now I was wondering what the score is with the ZXR front tyre? I know the standard is 120/60 do most ppl stick to this or do they change to a 120/70? Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this? I will be doing some fast road riding and track work on her with the possibility of moving to race at some point in the future (if I can get fast enough!! :smt002 ) so I am curious to know peoples opinions. I also get the opinion that most people would recommend the 090's or supercorsa's?

Cheers guys
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hello and welcome, i think you will find most people stick to std sizes for general road use.Ask the question in the racers section??
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

I believe most racers do go for the 70, but general consensus seems to be it doesn't matter on the road.

I don't think I ever tried one, and to be honest can't see it would have given me any advantage, but maybe turn-in is quicker and grip better leant over?

I thought a D208 was pretty good on the front end - but my favourite tyres on my ZXR were some Challenger Tomahawks!

The front never let go, and lasted a ridiculous amount of miles and never seemed to wear! I changed it after 15-20,000 miles and it still looked almost like new - but had a bulge appear in it!
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

boldaholic
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by boldaholic »

is this finally a question robB was stumped on? i'm impressed! him and masterofinsanity are zxr information legends haha!! :smt040
You are only young once but you can be immature forever!!!!!
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

:lol:

cheeky bugger!

Ill admit im not a tyre guru, but having said that if i dont know i usually keep quiet.