Rennsports

Moderator: Moderators

Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Rennsports

Post by Northern ANdy »

got a pair of rennsports part worns on ebay for a £10 er, the front is a 70 profile though, will let you know how they do.
Andy
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Re: Rennsports

Post by Caz »

Theyre absolutely lethal in the wet!
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

i've got M1's on my bike and tbh im not overlyimpresed with them for road work as they take farrrr to long to get warm and lose the temp quickly. When on track there brill!
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

I dont rate the M1s either.
The M3 is a far superior tyre to the M1, considerably more grip/feedback and warm up quicker. My other half had M1s on his KR when he bought it, and they were horrible - the M3s on the other hand are awesome! You have to remember that the M1 is now an old tyre and it uses old technology. The M3 replaces it. I dont understand why people fit the M1s when the M3 is clearly better in all aspects (except for price) and is readily available?

The rennsports are an entirely different kettle of fish though. They are designed as a track tyre and are little more than a road legal cut slick. As a result they are absolutely LETHAL in the wet!
I know of people who swear by the racetec/rennsports on the track in the dry. But in the wet - the bike stays in the garage.

So if you get caught out in the wet on Rennsports - TAKE IT VERY EASY
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Northern ANdy »

can't be worse than these BT57's with no tread up the middle.
Andy
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Northern ANdy »

getting on ok with the rennes, seem ok in the wet aslong as you aren't troy bayliss
Andy
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

Just scored a set of these and they arrived tonight at my door , all in 112 nicker :smt001

120/160 60 profiles.

Don't do much rain driving here as there are oodles of sunny days so no need :smt019

My BT09 pro's have been lasting about 3,000Km to the TWI's , so getting sick of forking out 197 quid fitted each time :smt005

I find the BT's a bit dreadful in the rain too! They heat up great even on cold days but the longevity of them is shocking :smt009
I also found the BT's to be very slippy when new until scrubbed in - never had any tyre on any of my bikes feel this bad before :smt012

I will see how the Metz's go as the seller is still doing them at this price so might need to stock pile for next season :smt003

Road report soon I hope !

:smt002
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly