Pirelli Super Corsa Pros

Moderator: Moderators

jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Pirelli Super Corsa Pros

Post by jake »

Ive used 70 profile on both road and track.
The 60 profile when used with the 160 rear can make the front tuck under im told.
Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

Hi Jake

that's interesting.. the 120/70 front doesn't seem to turn in quite as easily as it did on my old Dunlop's.

wen't out for a ride this morning on them.. the bike feels a little different on the supercorsa's. didn't get a chance to get them fully warmed up tho. The ride seemed a lot stiffer- it's either the suspension needs softening a touch, the compound/construction of the tyre is stiffer or maybe have to try diff tyre pressures.

I'm doing a track day on 23rd at Brands so i'm trying to get the bike sorted before then..

I'll prob have a suspension set up service again when i'm there

Out of interest have you tried the 60 profile or steered clear? it's the dragon supercorsa pro's ive got are your's the same?

Cheers
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

I have never used a 60 profile with the zxr, i have with a gsxr 4, but i cant really remember what that felt like compared to the zxr.
I just go on what more experienced riders/racers tell me/use. Ive seen people wash the front out-down to the 60 profile tyre...but then there is riders breaking lap records on not the best tyres..
On track i run the dragons (hot) 35 front, 32 rear. cold thats around 5 under that. For the road, im not to sure, i would probs put them up a bit.

You could maybee drop the forks thru the yokes a bit to speed thing up a bit? I know one thing, when i first started going on tracks and got my bike suspension setup, i could not believe how soft it was set up.
I used to think rock fkin hard was the way to go, but far from it. And there lies a problem if you still have the standard rear shock in, kawasaki concrete