which tyres

Moderator: Moderators

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

which tyres

Post by masterofinsanity »

need to get a new front on the gixer, rear is a Pirelli Diablo Strada, should i go for a strada on the front or ditch them and get something different? what are your views?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: which tyres

Post by zimm »

depends wether you liked the strada's really..

im guessing its not really for scratching on, but scrubbed super corsa's would be cheap and raise a few eyebrows when parked up lol
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

always sworn by pirellis and the tyre place put the strada on to match the dragon gts on the front which i believe they don't do anymore, front has been on there all the time i've had the bike (nearly 5 years) no problems with the strada but people have commented they are a hard tyre, as long as they grip in all weathers i dont mind what it is.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

I now swear by Avon Vipers, ive always had the viper sports tho, but damn they good in wet or dry! Thing is with rubber, its an individual preference.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

went for a strada in the end, being fitted as we speak, £80 fitted.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

Try a set of Corsa III's i commute on mine and love them loads more grip than i can use, not to expensive to buy and the rear has done about 2.3k on the rear of my TL (gets some abuse..) and had a fair few hundred miles left on it.

Got them on the ZXR as well and worked a treat on that
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/