BT-014's?

Moderator: Moderators

Bandido
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

BT014's

Post by Bandido »

I'd ride it there mate and get them to do the whole job. BT014 beads are prone to damage if someone gets their wellie out so be careful

Good price for that amount of rubber :smt003
Motorbikes are better than partners
angry mike
My Bike: 05' ZX-636R

Post by angry mike »

how much am i looking at paying for a garage to take both wheels out and fit my new tyres??? :smt017
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

160-180 id try for mate. should be about right
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
angry mike

Post by angry mike »

thats fcuking ridiculous to change my tyres!!! :smt009
kb-zxr

Post by kb-zxr »

angry mike wrote:thats fcuking ridiculous to change my tyres!!! :smt009

HAHA nah shouldnt be that much, I would say maximum around the £20 mark

I had a rear BT014 fitted once, handled great but didnt last long, but I got it put on at the beginning of last summer so had lots of "heavy" use :smt004
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

oh sori i thourght u meant new set of tyres fitted.lol
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
angry mike

Post by angry mike »

its all sorted now, i took the wheels off myself and let the garage fit the tyres to loose wheels for £20 a pair. however i managed to round off one of the pinch bolts on the front spindle :smt009 which was a bar-stuard to get out! took me about three hours to get a 40p bolt out and ended up taking me all fcuking day to do my tyres!!! blatently not worth the hassle.
mickzxr400
My Bike: k7 gsx-r600

Post by mickzxr400 »

I got a set of bt-014s fitted a few weeks back i drove them home in the pouring rain and they felt solid!!!
Live Life Fast
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by jake »

I use the 14's too, but on my old R1. they are fanatastic tyres man, and ill second that they are great in the wet too- predictable sliders. I dunno if ya can beat the super corsa's for the zxr tho, well, aslong as its dry.
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

i just got some bt014's on my ZXR a few days ago, they feel really nice to ride on and they stick to the road great, heat up quite easily, dont know about mileage tho coz like i say, iv only had them 2 days lol, im impressed though..

muffinman

Post by muffinman »

ive got 014's, they were on my zxr when i got it, what more can i say other than amazing tyres! ive done 3000 miles on em and theyre still holding up well.

definately get another pair again, and i know somewhere i can get them for £170 the pair fitted :smt001
Rob636
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Re: BT-014's?

Post by Rob636 »

didnt like them, felt like i was going to die every time i lent the bike over, constantly feeling the front tyre slip, ( this was around oxford and the a34 roundabouts ), in the end had about 2 inch chicken strips cuz i was scared to death of the lack of grip, had many wheel spins from them from second gear, lost the rear end side ways many many times, twice from pulling away, the rear only just got to 4000 miles and at that point they were illegal as the garage mehanic refused to test ride my bike after its service because of how worn out it was, in my opinion i will not use bt 014 again,

on a different note, i have Michelin Pilot Powers fitted, and omg awesome level of grip, took the tyre right off the side ( clover leaf, maccies roundabout, lakeside run. redditch, ), however the rear hasnt done 3000 miles yet and im already squaring it off, so in my opinion pilot powers are nice tacky grippy rubber wheels, its totally confidence inspiring,

Rob
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

Rob636 wrote:didnt like them, felt like i was going to die every time i lent the bike over, constantly feeling the front tyre slip, ( this was around oxford and the a34 roundabouts ), in the end had about 2 inch chicken strips cuz i was scared to death of the lack of grip, had many wheel spins from them from second gear, lost the rear end side ways many many times, twice from pulling away, the rear only just got to 4000 miles and at that point they were illegal as the garage mehanic refused to test ride my bike after its service because of how worn out it was, in my opinion i will not use bt 014 again,
totally agree- didnt like them at all, didnt get the feedback i wanted from the front. No problems with grip though, just had no confidence in them.

will not fit another set

sportec M3s are my tyre of choice now. Ive done 4500 miles on them, 5 trips and about 120 laps of the Nurburgring on them, and theres still plenty of wear left.
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
markkaren96

Post by markkaren96 »

Rob636 wrote:didnt like them, felt like i was going to die every time i lent the bike over, constantly feeling the front tyre slip, ( this was around oxford and the a34 roundabouts ), in the end had about 2 inch chicken strips cuz i was scared to death of the lack of grip, had many wheel spins from them from second gear, lost the rear end side ways many many times, twice from pulling away, the rear only just got to 4000 miles and at that point they were illegal as the garage mehanic refused to test ride my bike after its service because of how worn out it was, in my opinion i will not use bt 014 again,

on a different note, i have Michelin Pilot Powers fitted, and omg awesome level of grip, took the tyre right off the side ( clover leaf, maccies roundabout, lakeside run. redditch, ), however the rear hasnt done 3000 miles yet and im already squaring it off, so in my opinion pilot powers are nice tacky grippy rubber wheels, its totally confidence inspiring,

Rob
I Agree as well, Pilot Powers are the way to go. Had BT-14 fitted when I purchased my 400, and could not get a good lean with out loosing traction, rear wheel spin was a problen as well. I had about a 1/2 inch chicken strip even after two days at the Track (Spa Belgium). Bike is now fitted with Pilot Power 2CT, grip and feedback are amazing. Had tire to the edge first ride out (after a short break-in 50Km or so). just got done running them at the track (Brno Czech) tires were extremly tacky when heated up providing the best grip I've had in a tire.