Competition time

Moderator: Moderators

KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Competition time

Post by KwakKwak »

Changing my engine sprocket, seems previous owner or dealer had replaced the rear sprocket and chain, but left the engine sprocket :smt017
After removing the cover and cleaning a toad load of gunk from the area I found this plastic washer on the floor, have checked the fiche, does not show up as part of the cover fixings. I reckon it has been in amongst all the crud and fallen out whilst I was cleaning.
Question is, has anyone on their travels seen this washer, know where it might go, every chance it was lost and simply replaced, ferkin' annoying though.
washer.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
Leey
My Bike: Zxr400L8

Re: Competition time

Post by Leey »

Body panel washer ?
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Leey wrote:Body panel washer ?
Rubber dampers and collars,all accounted for, but you see my problem, previous owner could've used these as body panel washers, my worry is if it's a sealing washer or something important.
There's no prize by the way :smt003
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

What about a chocolate bar... :excited
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

It's a pocket piece :smt002
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

ross46 wrote:What about a chocolate bar... :excited
Last thing you need, unless you've already eaten those 9 twix, but if someone does get it, I suppose a bar of chocolate would not be out of the question.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

cargo wrote:It's a pocket piece :smt002
As in put in pocket and forget about it, my worry was a little check gasket /washer on the neutral switch that may have been omitted, but I suppose if nowt appears to be wrong, and I'm defo not leaking oil, then all is well.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

KwakKwak wrote:
cargo wrote:It's a pocket piece :smt002
As in put in pocket and forget about it, my worry was a little check gasket /washer on the neutral switch that may have been omitted, but I suppose if nowt appears to be wrong, and I'm defo not leaking oil, then all is well.

Looks like a plain steel washer...............whatever it is it does it does not perform a sealing function
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

Its silver, but nylon or similar, wore out my magnet on it :smt002 , reckon as you say, it ain't important.

A little advice for future ref, as you're racing these and changing sprockets and chains alot, are you still using endless chains?
As Mr Kawasaki recommends them, this would be my choice for next refit, but, as you are no doubt giving your chains a nice little work out, what ya usin'.
Don't mind the work involved in fitting endless, saw a post by RedexRob, made the point it gives you a chance to do some greasing etc.

Thoughts?
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

I've always used chains with a rivet link....................if and when I have new ones fitted the guys that sell them will do the rivet with the proper tool.

I've also done it myself with a couple of hammers with no issues.
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by KwakKwak »

cargo wrote:I've always used chains with a rivet link....................if and when I have new ones fitted the guys that sell them will do the rivet with the proper tool.

I've also done it myself with a couple of hammers with no issues.
:smt023 Ta.

Surely only Jezza clarkson uses a hammer?