What can you safely soak an O-ring chain in?

Moderator: Moderators

cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: What can you safely soak an O-ring chain in?

Post by cargo »

Good question.

In my time I've own a few brand new bikes. KH250, GPZ750, FZ750, ZXR750, TRIDENT SPRINT.
In every case the standard orginal chain out lasted ANY aftermarket I ever tried.
Discuss
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

cargo wrote:Good question.

In my time I've own a few brand new bikes. KH250, GPZ750, FZ750, ZXR750, TRIDENT SPRINT.
In every case the standard orginal chain out lasted ANY aftermarket I ever tried.
Discuss
Mr Kawasaki's chain kit is the most expensive which probably tells us something, interesting to know who makes it. Obviously there are varying qualities of kits, maybe as per most parts OEM is the way to go (rear shock being the exception that proves the rule).
In my youthfuls I had a poster of a red GPZ750 on my wall, bloody loved those bikes back in the day.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

The GPZ was a great bike I used it for my first big proper biking holiday in 1985 I went to Barcelona for the TT F1 World Championship and 24 hour race at a great road race circuit called Mountjuic Park. Same year was my first trip to the IOM TT Races and I was also at the local round of the TT F1.
The GPZ never missed a beat
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

cargo wrote:The GPZ never missed a beat
Poster was up for many years, never even had to change the blue tac :smt023
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
Smousley1995
My Bike: Zxr 400 L 1993

Post by Smousley1995 »

I've only had two bikes but I put on DID gold x-ring for both and I rarely have to adjust the tension despite doing about 1000 miles a month :smt001
KwakKwak wrote:I cleaned and lubed mine not so long ago, now having had the swingarm off the bike I cleaned and lubed it again, which means I'm doing mine every 25 miles or so, this is expensive, and now I'm afraid to ruin the pristine chain and sprockets, they look just lovely.
I also do this a lot too! basically anytime it's on the paddock stand it gets a clean and lube so I get through way too many cans of expensive Castrol chain lube but it makes me feel good :pmsl
Why take life so seriously, your not going to come out alive!
shemm
My Bike: ZXR400L5

Post by shemm »

cargo wrote:Top Cargo tip

W5 hand cleaner is THE single most best hand cleaner you can buy..................sadly it seems to only be available from Lidl occasionally so watch out for it. It's cheap as chips too.
This stuff must be good, I've been down to my local Lidl and there is a big empty shelf where I imagine this stuff used to be, still on the lookout.