Chain problem starting in 1st

Moderator: Moderators

Cront

Chain problem starting in 1st

Post by Cront »

Hi guys,

Just recently when starting off from a stand still on my H1 I started hearing a noise almost like the kick stand bouncing of the ground as if I left it down. I got my GF to have a look as I started moving and it seems the noise is coming from the chain. She said it looks like it's getting some what stuck and that is making it shake/bounce and causing this noise.

Any ideas what would be the cause of this at all? Any info would be very much appreciated

Cheers
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Chain problem starting in 1st

Post by masterofinsanity »

whip the front sprocket cover off mate, sounds like the front sprocket is well worn, had it on mine the sprocket was virtually rounded off.check it before you take it out again!!!!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Cront

Post by Cront »

Got the cover off and the sprocket seems to be fine. No obvious place for it to be getting stuck either
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

got a rear paddock stand? get the rear off the ground put it in neutral and turn the back wheel then you will see better if the chain has a tight spot or a link is seized.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Sounds like it might be a tight kink in your chain? Go round the chain and check all the links move freely :smt001