Moderator: Moderators

Wabby
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400

Master Cylinder - Parts Assembly?

Post by Wabby »

Hi,

Recently rebuilt my master cylinder, and had loads of problems with the brakes before/since.

I have just looked at an OFFICIAL rebuild picture, and the kit in that picture has one less rubber sealy thing than what I had.

Myn has an extra rubber bit, which for some reason I think I put at the END of the spring, towards the outlet.

Is this why I now brake for cake?

Gonna re-strip tomorrow just to make sure, cos these fucking brakes will just not bleed up!
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Master Cylinder - Parts Assembly?

Post by cargo »

Let me guess at something......................

The seal kit you fitted was a patern one..........from ................wemoto ? ? ? ?
Wabby
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Wabby »

cargo wrote:Let me guess at something......................

The seal kit you fitted was a patern one..........from ................wemoto ? ? ? ?
Pattern one from eBay - But could well be the same as the wemoto one.

Could this extra bit be my issue?

Just need to find somewhere today that sells small internal circlip pliers to get it back apart!
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

I done the same thing last week, was a ball ache :D

Kit from ebay,
1 spring
1 plastic plunger thingy to go on the spring
1 metal bit for the other side of the spring
1 circlip
1 dust seal

By mistake i put the plastic plunger thingy on the side of the "output" by the banjo and it end up pulling all the crap out of my lines, which was handy.
There was so much crap in there.

It was a ball ache getting the circlip out. I used a small screwdriver through the leaver fixing holes and another screwdriver to hold the piston down while a mate (Swiss Tony) got the clip out. Worked well, done the same for putting the clip back in.

Good luck matey :D
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Here's some free advice..........................

You kind of need your brakes to be 100% right..............................YOUR BRAKES WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE ONe DAY.............................

WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT HOLY WOULD YOU FIT CHEAP SH1T CRAP PATTERN PARTS TO YOUR BRAKES ?

Fact is you cannot justify it................there are no circumstances under whcih you can....................... none

Buy genuine Kawasaki parts for your brakes everytime

And get tose parts fitted by someone knows what they are doing................I read far too many postings on here about brakes that are weak and can't be bled properly

Not once ever have I had a problem bleeding ZXR brakes......................................... why is your fluid full of crap that crap should never never have been allowed to build up. Fresh fluid even twice a year could save your life crap in the fluid is very likly the seals wearing ...................... Crap in the fluid damages the seals...................

It's not rocket siecence guys...................

Rant over
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

addition,

Now that i have overhauled the master cylinder and got both lines going direct to it my brakes are sharper and more responsive.

that is all.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
Wabby
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Wabby »

Booked into the garage for them to bleed.

Hopefully all will be well!
Wabby
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Wabby »

Just had a call from the garage.

They have bled, still crap.
They have stripped calipers - Made sure all seals, pistons etc are ok, re-built and bled.
Still crap

Apparrantly one of the calipers sides is pushing the disc, hence the long movement in the lever.

The discs are good and straight they say - They gonna have a think and try again next week.

Anybody any ideas for me to flourish them with?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

i had this problem with mine for the MOT. What happened was i installed new bearings and according to the mechanic id not installed them properly and the wheel was off-set to the middle, the front wheel was solid becuase the pistons on the right of each caliper couldnt go back any further, although it span it it was hard work. The lever was also very spongy. He said that i needed to make sure the bearngs were driven in properly and to clean up the caliper, id then get a proper feel back at the lever. Sure enough a good whack of the bearings and a clean up of the caliper and id get the lever back and my front wheel span easily :)
Wabby
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Wabby »

RedexRobB wrote:i had this problem with mine for the MOT. What happened was i installed new bearings and according to the mechanic id not installed them properly and the wheel was off-set to the middle, the front wheel was solid becuase the pistons on the right of each caliper couldnt go back any further, although it span it it was hard work. The lever was also very spongy. He said that i needed to make sure the bearngs were driven in properly and to clean up the caliper, id then get a proper feel back at the lever. Sure enough a good whack of the bearings and a clean up of the caliper and id get the lever back and my front wheel span easily :)
Had my bearing changed by 'a mate' a few months ago, and now I come to think of it, this is when I started having braking issues (Ride out the next day I nearly ran on at a corner).

Will ring the garage @ 9am to let them know.

If this sorts it - I owe you a beer Rob! :smt003