6 pot callipers

Moderator: Moderators

ZXR_AL
My Bike: tomos moped

6 pot callipers

Post by ZXR_AL »

Hi guys im new on the forum,
Im racing my zxr in the mini superbike class with bemsee next season after my rookie season. Im wanting to uprate the brake callipers to 6 pots but im not sure which 6 pot callipers will fit on the zxr400, on ebay there are some billet ones that will fit but they are getting a little expensive for me, so can anyone tell me other ones that will fit my L model?
A J Racing
SimonH

Post by SimonH »

I believe you can fit a set of forks from a <04 636 fit straight into the zxr400 yokes so you could use the full front end from one....can anyone confirm this?
SIR (used to) CRASHALOT
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

yeap it does fit, on sooo many sites. straight swap have to take wheel too, or u need different spacers
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1

Post by Guest »

cheers guys, do either of u know the address of the site where i can look in2 this?

thanx 4 the help
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Have you sorted the suspension front and rear and got a good tune on the engine i would not bother with the brakes just look at last years lap times the brakes are good enough if you want more just fit a brembo master cyclinder

Good luck

Simon Lowes ss400

Post by Guest »

Hi Simon,
its rookie al off moto forum, i know the brakes prob dont make 2 much difference but my problem when racing is confidence in the bike and think these would really help so gona giv it ago i think.

Chhers 4 all the info guys, been a gr8 help
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Confidence in the bike will only come with track time once you start racing with the supersport guys you will find that you want it more and learn quicker the main thing i learnt was dont brake as much when the bikes out of shape every corner you know your on the limit then you just need to smooth things out

I did New era and won my first race then i entered the M.R.O. i know a lot of the top riders where not out there but i still stayed with Danny Imberg and Leighton Walker and i just followed them around then found myself leading the race for a couple of laps it just comes down to track time

Get the suspension set up i use a Ohlins guy in Holland a long way to send some forks but the confidence i get is unreal i can lose the front end and still know it will grip again

When i started Phill Pholden and Greville used to say the dunlops move around mine didnt move around so i had the perfect setup .. Know that werent the case i just wasnt riding hard enough now i can slide the front and rear out of Clearways and it still gives you a buzz

The answer is More Track time and good suspension i would say the engine is not inportant as a lot of people still put good lap times together on a standard lump at Brands Indy i have done a 53 on a standard engine
but to win or be in the top 5 you will need the full package

Good luck with your racing any help just email or post on here
Will be out next year with a all new zxr 400 H model

Simon Lowes ss400
400hnutter.

Post by 400hnutter. »

sloweracing, what have u had done to your engine so far, i had a word with your tuner and he said that the list is endless what you can do to a engine. ive not done a trackday yet but brands is only about 2 miles awey and will be on the cards for the summer. i was gonna get the head gas flowed will this realy make that much of a difference.

Post by Guest »

Hi Simon,
cheers 4 all that info, i think im on my way now, as the bike is an ex manx gp bike with full ohlins suspension etc etc. i think once i have the brakes sorted it is like you say, just a matter of time in the saddle, i did a trackday at the end of the season at brands and broke my best lap time racing a 636, think i got a 55.84 seconds or sumthing, not v good i know but glad i beat my pb. Im off testing in spain in jan/feb and then on2 the races again. so hopfully should be all sorted by then.

Simon, how did u manage such a low lap time on a standard engine? At brands i go down 2 for paddock hill, down 2 more 4 druids, up1 exiting and hold that round graham hill, down 1 for surtees and power all the way through onto the straight, can u tell me if theres ne where im going wrong there?

where abouts are you based aswell m8 , meant 2 c u at last meeting but bike went funny so was busy?

al
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

To 400hnutter my engine is done by my tuner i do not know what goes on in there i only now what parts are in there so heres a list from last year

1 set o 0.5 kawasaki pistons
1 set of race stainless steel valves
1 complete set of kawasaki gaskets
2 s.p cams
1 set of big end bearings
1 kawasaki cam chain
4 ngk cr10 spark plugs
1 ignition advancer

As for skimming the head and flowing and every thing balanced i dont need to know as it runs and its fast enough

Now this year is a different story so far the bike has been fully rebuilt every nut and bolt and every thing inside the engine is being polished cleaned and renewed every componet that moves is being changed even brand new s.p. conrods what Lawerence does to a engine is very good and not had one problem not even a oil leak

Dont race it will bankrupt you :smt003

At brands i go down 2 for paddock hill, down 2 for druids, hold that 2nd gear to graham hill up 1 along the bottom down 1 for surtees and excelerate to clearways then hitting apex then up the gears down the straight i think once you let the bike rev and scream and follow a lot of good riders it gets easyer

I have allways had good riders in front off me but slowely learning from each rider you pick up tips and work out where your going wrong and try to correct it then if your brave it will come you need to push so hard you think to your self every corner youve outbroken your self then just turn it in then think god i made it then there goes another second off

Allways open to visits we live in sevenoaks kent 2 minutes from sevenoaks high street we are smack bang in the middle of sevenoaks

Lawernce has done a few engines which done well up north this year as well but one of the engines has just come off the dyno at 73bhp which needs jetting and the exhaust has to be changed as we all run a M.H.P. Exhaust so hope fully they reckon 78bhp but will wait and see

Rules have changed this year so my engine will be roughly on the 78bhp mark and looking better than before but its all down to the people around me helping out and theres lots off them this year even BAZ is on board sorting things

"open your eyes and you will see....the masterofinsanity" Sorry :smt018
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

To Guest
where are you from and what day did you come and watch and what did you think of the day

Are you going to race next year with Bemsee or just going to do track days
ZXR_AL

Post by ZXR_AL »

Hi simon,
sorry that was me that was posting as a guest as im only on computer at work and didnt have time 2 log in properly!!!

Seems 2 me you are doing exactly the same as me all the way through brands, must just be braking a little 2 early or 2 hard, im in purley, near croydon so were not2 far from each other, would be good if we could meet up for a beer 1 weekend or sumthing 2hav a good old chat, if your doing superbike 400 next season then i am going to be out there with you. a bit aprehensive having watched the ss400 through my rookie season, barry and alan russell etc are mega quick, whats ur mobile number neway and i will hav2 give u a ding before season starts 2 meet 4 a drink?
al

btw i was no.42 in r400, or rookie_al on motoforum!
A J Racing
400hnutter.

Post by 400hnutter. »

how much doas it cost to race for 1 season, without any bike trouble.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Thats a hard question to be true every one spends different amounts

If you do every test day before a race meeting and renew tyres for every meeting /petrol/food/entrys/

I would say on the cheap on a 400 £6000-£7000

We spent this year £1000

Last year we spent £19000

This year we had no engine problems and tuning it was done the year before and with putting new tyres on nearly 2 sets to a weekend so that kept crash damage down and enabled me to push harder and do better

New tyres mean you go quicker with more confidence

Any more help just post but i could go on most people just race as and when the budgets allows and scrimb on tyres but every one is different

Hope this helps
zxr400er

Post by zxr400er »

Does anyone know where I can get spacers made up to keep the zxr4 wheel in zx6rr forks?