BREMBO front MC

Moderator: Moderators

clb
My Bike: ZXR400L3

BREMBO front MC

Post by clb »

Hi guys

Finding the MC on the front to be piss poor, i had put a BREMBO front MC on my previous bike (RS125) and it really was the toad!!! Just soo much more feel through it.

Thinking of doing the same now to the ZXR400L3 front MC, however i have been reading through the forum, and have read that the front clocks will need modding if i go ahead and get a brembo front mc, why??
U_h0rnet5
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400

Re: BREMBO front MC

Post by U_h0rnet5 »

They might need modding, as when you go to full lock it get knocked/caught on the clocks. Something they kinda pulled me up about it at scruts. I kinda moved it round abit on the handle bar and then bent the lever up (got a flip up lever!) it still knocks but its better then before.

Ciaran
clb
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by clb »

Dont know if any of you guys are interested, but in order to fit a radial master cylinder like the brembo one, simply take off front fairing and headlight, unbolt the clocks (2 nuts), get a big mallet or hammer, and bend the clock mount (it has two holes) downwards by a centimeter or two. With a bit of playing around, you can get the clocks to not touch the screen, and the radial MC misses the clocks completely (MOT pass :) )

Downsides to this, is that if you are extremely short the clocks may appear at a funny angle to you, as they now face up more. Im 6'1 so it doesnt bother me.

:excited
SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by SOILZX »

Any chance of a pic to see what it all looks like?
Cheers
SOILZX
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!