H rear end on ZX4

Moderator: Moderators

ZX4R-F3
My Bike: 1988 ZX400-F3

H rear end on ZX4

Post by ZX4R-F3 »

Hello, I am fitting a complete H rear end onto my ZX4, :smt001 the only problem is I need to make a lug and weld it to the part of the frame that holds the rear shock linkage and bottom engine mount/bolt. Can anyone provide me with some specifications ie how far in from the inside of the frame it needs to be also the height and thickness any info and pictures would be more than helpful.
Thanks Andy.
[b][color=#FF0000]If your not living on the edge, then your taking up to much room.[/color][/b]
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: H rear end on ZX4

Post by zimm »

like this ?
frame.jpg
this is the second one i did, laser cut bracket tig welded on.. the first one i just made a plate and sandwitched itbetween the frame and the rearset, drilled the plate and used a 20mm (i think) spacer inboard of the plate to hold the torque arm straight.

can get more pics/dimensions if relevant
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZX4R-F3
My Bike: 1988 ZX400-F3

Re: H rear end on ZX4

Post by ZX4R-F3 »

Thanks for that Zimm, how is it fixed to the bracket threaded bar spacer and nut and washers, what thickness material did you use.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers Andy.
[b][color=#FF0000]If your not living on the edge, then your taking up to much room.[/color][/b]