Brake fluid questions...

Moderator: Moderators

cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Brake fluid questions...

Post by cargo »

pads are held in place by a simple pin and R clip........................it can be done with caliper in situ....but I'd NOT reccommend that method

I know of cases where the R clip has gone missing.............................so I fit a tiny bit of lock wire on the end of the R clip as extra security.
Rasta-ninja
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by Rasta-ninja »

yeah i think thats what stumbled me, my clip does appear to be missing, so i was wondering what was holding them in place. Which is what led to me thinking you may have to disassemble the whole thing to get them out. But thanks for the info!
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

If you have been riding around on the bike with no R clip holding the pin in place..................it (the pin) would have vibrated it's way out and your pads would have gone with it you would have no brakes and you'd be in hospital or the morgue

And IF the R clip is missing and your still able................get it fixed before riding the bike
Rasta-ninja

Post by Rasta-ninja »

turns out clip wasn't missing, found it in the front drive. The bugger must've come out when i fiddling about to get the calliper off the disc :lol:
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by cargo »

cargo wrote:pads are held in place by a simple pin and R clip........................it can be done with caliper in situ....but I'd NOT reccommend that method

I know of cases where the R clip has gone missing.............................so I fit a tiny bit of lock wire on the end of the R clip as extra security.

TA DAAAAAAAAAAAA
Rasta-ninja

Post by Rasta-ninja »

genius :smt002 i guess these things come with age and experience though oldman