Disc Spacers

Moderator: Moderators

diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Zx7r

Disc Spacers

Post by diesel »

hi guys. after a year off the road i now am getting the front end back together. f### me, if u say its an sp ppl dont half try andrip u off, so i just kept saying L1-3 etc. quick tip ;) anyway, can u guys tell me if the disc spacers MUST be fitted. its just i dont have any and wondered whether its worth getting any??
Quicker Than Yngwie

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

if you mean the shims around the buttons then yes, they are there for a reason, if they disintegrate like mine did it makes your disc think its a tamborine!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

nah, they actually go under the bolt holes of the discs. on the wheel itself then the disc is attached then u bolt it all together. check out the microfiches'. they are on there. mines an H1 btw ;)
Quicker Than Yngwie

masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

aah i don't even remember them being there, i would have thought without them the disc wouldn't sit evenly between the calipers then the inner pad would bind on the disc, causing overheating and warped discs, gotta be worth replacing them.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
diesel
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by diesel »

replacing them? if only i had them in the first place lol
Quicker Than Yngwie