EBC organic for winter?

Moderator: Moderators

ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

EBC organic for winter?

Post by ross46 »

Hi guys, MOT is due and ive found that ONE of my pads is fecked. The caliper pin has grooves in it so im guessing the pad has got stuck and been dragging on the disc (worn at an angle). Either way I need to replace so was going to get a full set. As im going to be riding the bike in winter I'm trying to calm the bike down a bit, set it up for commuting rather than fast speeds (even taking my knee sliders off!!) im going to add a tooth on the front sprocket to calm down the acceleration. Atm ive got EBC HH pads but was looking at the organics as they are apparently softer take up, anyone used these? Thoughts? are they a softer take up because they just don't brake as well? Thanks, Ross

(computer question, how do you stop when your typing it deleting the stuff infront of it? I had to copy and paste a line in?)
JamieNeve
My Bike: CBR600RR, ZXR400 L-2

Re: EBC organic for winter?

Post by JamieNeve »

Not much help for the pads, but press the "insert" button above the arrow keys to stop it deleting the stuff infront! :)
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Ahah, well I got one answer, will try that next time im on a computer not my phone
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Post by bendog66 »

organic pads have better bite from cold, but don't last as long. Sintered take more warming up but last a lot longer. Swings and roundabouts really, I personally prefer organic but I've ridden all through several years including winters with both and never really had an issue with either. Trust me, you'll have more to worry about than what compound pads you're using