What wavy discs to buy?

Moderator: Moderators

Christian555
My Bike: ZXR 400

What wavy discs to buy?

Post by Christian555 »

Hi there, I haven't been riding too long but I've started to enjoy some spirited riding so I've booked my 1st track day. I've already upgraded to braided lines & I've jet had new pads & the brakes bled.
My question is, what wavy discs to buy for a 2000reg L9?
I really want a set & I've seen all sorts on ebay but are these up to scratch or just cheap tat?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-ZXR- ... 43cc6d5287
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
"Men with guts attack those corners"
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Re: What wavy discs to buy?

Post by bendog66 »

You need 310mm discs iirc and it says they're for the ZXR750 so I'm pretty sure they won't fit.
Christian555
My Bike: ZXR 400

Post by Christian555 »

Ahh right I see what you mean. It doesn't actually say ZXR400 anywhere except title. OK 310mm is that same for front & rear? I've seen a few from Hong Kong & stuff but I'm a bit sceptical even though they look very nice. If I know it's 310mm for all 3, I'll go to demon Tweeks or bike devils tomorrow. Basically they are 2 reputable shops close to home.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
"Men with guts attack those corners"
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Post by bendog66 »

No, 310 front. I can't remember what size the rear is, 240mm rings a bell but don't quote me on that unless it turns out I'm right. In which case told you so :smt016
Ewetea
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400L5

Post by Ewetea »

I bought a pair of discs from Blackshadow for my zxr400l1 and they are quality items. Contact them and request a price. I also saw an advert for Madhornets selling similar items, but considerably cheaper. I decided to take a chance and ordered a pair. The company is in the US, but seven days later the discs arrived from China! I could see no difference between the two manufacturers items. There was a small amount to pay as import duty, but they were still cheaper. Both sets are fitted to different bikes and both do the job they're supposed to do - stop the bike ASAP.
Take your pick.