Brakes and suspension

Moderator: Moderators

Chazzman_bm
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Brakes and suspension

Post by Chazzman_bm »

Hello,

Brakes and suspension this time folks. Along with the bike running like crap, the brakes and suspension need help as well. I just hauled the bike out of the garage and saw a trail of clear oily liquid as I reversed the bike out. I'm not sure if it's the fork seal that has finally had it (I got an advisory for it during the MOT) or there is a leak from the front brake. Either way, they will both get sorted this weekend. The other half is going away on a girly weekend so I can quite happilly spend all day and night in the garage.

Not sure where to start but I'll need to get fork seals, fork oil, brake fluid, seals pads and maybe even a set of braided lines. Does anybody have any good contacts for this sort of stuff? Are these jobs easily done if you've got a mechanical clue or should I leave it to the professionals?

Cheers,
Chazz
kwakbiker
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by kwakbiker »

Fork oil, brake fluid and pads is easy to get from your normal dealer, for seals try phoning cradley kawasaki, good mail order and should have the genuine ones in stock :smt003
Own the best-Kawafuckinsaki
RstredS

Post by RstredS »

fork seals- only use genuine seal... cradley kawasaki, think it was 8 pound each, reuse the dust seals.

brake seals... most of teh time can be reused, but if they are fuckered then oem seals are going to cost a fortune, like 50 per caliper.
i went to a guy on ebay.. he sells oem kits for reduced prices... search for caliper repair and he comes up. Mine were 55 for 2 fronts and a rear.

pads... ebc hh- ebay again..