Erm.havn't got a ZXR but same brakes..I think

Moderator: Moderators

harryburgundy

Erm.havn't got a ZXR but same brakes..I think

Post by harryburgundy »

Hi People
Excuse for crashing your party...but mine is still a Kawasaki and I think they use the same brakes :smt008 oh, and the KR site is down at the moment
:smt009
My Q is this.....the front lever isn't lighting the brake light, just not sure where to start rectifying this. Oh, I have a KR1S which I am sure share the same braking system with you diesel owners :smt003
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers, HB
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

After the 'diesel' comment i dont think im gonna help you now! :smt016

Nahh, best bet would be the bulb; its got two filaments, one for head lights on and one for brake light. Take that out and see if one of them is broken. Check any connectors in the loom, and also check the two little spade clips that join onto the brake light switch by the brake lever. If all that fails i can only suggest it could be the switch.

:smt001
harryburgundy

Post by harryburgundy »

Thanks Rob...the brake light works OK with the rear brake, so I guess it isn't that. I'll have a look at the loom tonight.
Cheers
harryburgundy

Post by harryburgundy »

Erm...well that was a bugger!
Eventually pinned the problem down to one of the two switch wires being faulty. No physical damage or anything :smt013
Still, don't hate electrics as much as I used to, made my own tester (not difficult I know) and am quite pleased with myself :smt003