ZXR400 L radial front caliper upgrade

Moderator: Moderators

ickle pob
My Bike: tomos moped

ZXR400 L radial front caliper upgrade

Post by ickle pob »

Ive been struggling to find a nice clean pair of ZXR400L standard calipers, or the ZX6R F-model direct upgrade caliper. I didn't want to be messing with spacers, washers, etc etc as am racing the bike and wheel changes are common, and parts easily lost in a rush when you need to swap wheels right before heading out on track.

So, between my mate and myself, we are making billet radial adapters, to take a 108mm spaced front radial caliper. I'm using a ZX6R 09 onwards monoblock caliper (09-12 is 2 piece, 13 onwards is monoblock). The first concept has been computer generated and is off to get 3D printed, before any small adjustments, then into CNC design and machine. Any 108mm caliper should fit,so you can go as bling or as inexpensive as you want, but the braking should improve massively over standard. Better pad compounds, rebuild and service items are more accessible, and they just look better too

So,we will be selling these after they've been fitted and we are happy, and my engineer mate estimates approx £125-£150 for the finished item in clear anodising.

I can't get a pic on here, but an happy to email any pics of what we have up to now, and an expected finished item picture to any One that is interested.

Paul
ickle pob
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: ZXR400 L radial front caliper upgrade

Post by ickle pob »

Brackets now ready to order. They take 108mm radial calipers. £120 delivered to UK

https://twitter.com/PobsportRacing/stat ... 16674?s=19