6,000 RPM tapping?? Front brake = no rear brake light??

Moderator: Moderators

Jonnyboy
My Bike: tomos moped

6,000 RPM tapping?? Front brake = no rear brake light??

Post by Jonnyboy »

Hi all,

I've just recently (July06) bought a ZXR 400 1991 L model grey import in blue. Its my first bike and not a bad 1, (not having anything to compare to)

I'm really concerned about the tapping i get right on 6,000 rpm? can anyone help?

I'm also quite worried about the brake light it only lights up for the rear brake (and dull's the headlight a bit), if i pull the front brake the rear light does nothing?

Help??
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

hi mate, welcome to the forum, the tapping is more than likely your valve clearances so may need shimming, as for the lights, check your brake lever switch, its probably just the connections need cleaning, they've probably corroded up somewhere.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Jonnyboy
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Jonnyboy »

Hi mate, many thanks, i'll check that on the front brake, i always thought it should work.

I'll get some pic's posted when i take some.

thanks again

Jonny
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

if it don't work it will fail the MOT.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
SplaTZXR400
My Bike: ZXR400

Post by SplaTZXR400 »

mine always taps, i swear it never used to before that mech done all the aork, he did the valve shims etc. and it sound like a diesel truck now, tappy tappy tappy tappy. ticka....ticka....ticka....ticka....ticka. but i think that normal :smt002 n i no the clutch is suppose to rattle but that noise is slowly driving me to suicide at the moment :smt011
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

the zxr clutch rattle is famous mate learn to love it. :smt007