braided brake lines

Moderator: Moderators

ratbag56
My Bike: zxr400 / 636

braided brake lines

Post by ratbag56 »

i have a set of race brake lines since i have fitted them the brakes dont feel as good, i have bleed them alot and have a new set of pads wit good calipers!i was wondering if it is the way i have connected my pipes! how has every else fitted them?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: braided brake lines

Post by RedexRobB »

Theres two fitments, the 3 line and two line. The three line uses a short pipe to goto the splitter that sits in between the forks and then two longer lines split off that to each caliper.

Then theres the two line, which is simply two lines from the master cylinder straight to each caliper which uses a longer banjo bolt to accomodate both lines.

The two line is best apparently for reasons unknown to me. Have you considered the master cylinder? It should be rock hard when you pull the lever back far enough and not spongy. I have a brake bleeding tool which sucks the fluid through rather than pumping the lever etc and takes about 30 mins to do the whole bike, if you want i can help you re-bleed them, long as the reservoir is kept topped up theres no chance of any air getting in.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

2 lines are alot easy to bleed i find, plus why have the spliter when you can run to lines direct? im a firm beliver in KEEP IT SIMPLE!
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
ratbag56
My Bike: zxr400 / 636

Post by ratbag56 »

have sorted it got the hump so i completly bleed the system again is better now the more i use it thanks guys
sic1181
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by sic1181 »

yeah been havin lots of trouble settin up my braided hoses, will try the 2 way system see if it helps :)
Ghost Rider Is God!