Brake master cylinder upgrade

Moderator: Moderators

nick_c
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Brake master cylinder upgrade

Post by nick_c »

Morning people.

I have gotton hold of some GSXR K1 front calipers and I am now looking for a brake master cylinder to upgrade to aswell.

I have been told that the zxr750 one will be a straight swap, but will the ZX7R master cylinder be a straight swap also, I need to keep the brake light connections as it is a road bike.

Thank you very much, Nick.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Brake master cylinder upgrade

Post by RedexRobB »

the 7R master cylinder should do it nicely, and should also have the brake light switch. Theres one or two members here that have done the upgrade but not sure what master cylinders they are running.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

the zxr and the zx7r is the same i belive. I have gixxer 6pots on my ZXR750 and use the standard 750 M/C and it works a treat
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
nick_c
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by nick_c »

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, got hold of a master cylinder from a ZX7R looks exactly the same to me so should fit a treat. Thank's for the help.

Will be getting some Hel brake lines soon so I will let you know what i think of the complete brake set up.

Cheer's, Nick.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

its basicly the same M/C but with a bigger bore thus moving more fluid!
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/