Master cylinder?

Moderator: Moderators

Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Master cylinder?

Post by Xphyral »

it's normally because no one ever bleeds the m/c out properly after doing a fluid change. ping the lever, tap the cylinder with a spanner and also pull lever in, crack open the banjo bolt and then tighten again before releasing the lever, just as you would the caliper. also make sure your pistons and seals are in good order and not filthy.

theres never any need to tie the lever overnight, just spend more time bleeding and begin to pump the lever more times in between opening the bleed nipple. my brakes are always spot on and i dislike them being otherwise. You also shouldnt really be exposing brake fluid to the air for any length of time. oh and when you think your done bleeding, bleed the lines off a few times with the m/c cap on and then top it back up. ah and also i'll begin bleeding on the shortest span setting and then work out from there until it requires very little movement to apply the brakes nice and hard.

Over time if you dont go through the motion of bleeding the brakes through for a couple of times the wear on the pads will give you that play in the lever.

i hate soggy brakes, but it will only take me a half day or so to do a full caliper service and have the brakes bled back up to rock solid.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.