Brakes and weird tick over

Moderator: Moderators

kai_101

Brakes and weird tick over

Post by kai_101 »

hi every one

does anyone know the best place to get new front disks (road) for 91 l model mine are worn and startin to warp .
i seen on a link in the forum for £188.00 but there race disks and the road set are £300 .
can i use race disks on road?

also when i first start my bike up and let it warm up the revs stay at 1200 rpm when iam ridin about after 30 mins or so at the lights the bike starts ideling at 2 - 2500 rpm im constanly messing with the timing if i turn it down when its warm when i come to start it up in the morning the revs are to low and have to turn em up. i thought it was just the throttle cable sticking but its free .

any help much appreciated

thanx kai
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: Brakes and weird tick over

Post by zimm »

discs are discs .. but proper race discs will rust like hell if they get wet .. upto you. and floating ones make chink chink sounds .. which annoy's the hell out of me.

i've got a pair of OE discs off an L1 here .. 1's warped and worn, think the other's ok i think.. if you want them i'll give a thought to what i want for them.

rev's hanging at 2.5k is either a lean idle mix, or an intake air leak, which is causing a lean idle mix..

its normaly the inlet stubs between the carbs and the head,

get new, or clean 'em up and seal em with silicon gasket goo.
kai_101

Post by kai_101 »

thanks zimm
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

as far as i'm aware its illegal to use race discs on the road as they take longer to warm up?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
MillaMeter
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: K ZXR400 L2, H Rebel 125

Post by MillaMeter »

Hi,

Stealth Products do awesome discs for only £300! front and back with HH pads and all colours avaliable at no extra cost!

Idling problems are usaully mixture or air leak issues. Try this... when the bike is warm and starts idling a lil high like you said, put the bike in 1st gear, put the front brake on and let the clutch out just a lil bit just enough to drop the revs to 1200 then pull the clutch back in. You'll probably find that the idle will then stay at 1200 untill you blip the throttle. Personally I would replace the inlet rubbers with the later design from the L3 upwards if your bike hasn't already got them. Alternativally you could give the carbs a quick balance.

Regards

Rich
MillaMeter's ZXR400 Restoration Click HERE!
ZXR400s 4eva! I miss mine already :(
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

used stealths discs on my original zxr400, would use them again!!

Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.