rear shock

Moderator: Moderators

zxr400baby
My Bike: zxr400 black and red

rear shock

Post by zxr400baby »

hi all is this right if i adjust the rear shock preload it will make my bike sit lower to the ground? which way should i adjust the spring up or down thanks need to get it lower think i,m shrinking as i get old :pmsl julie
SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Re: rear shock

Post by SOILZX »

Have you wound the ride height adjuster down first??

I aint no good at suspension, but i think if you adjust the perload, the height change is minimal, but it could end up making the rear end to hard. Try this link, see if helps at all

http://www.moto-racing.co.uk/Guides/mot ... R%20WEIGHT
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

re drill the mountings for the lower arms of the rear subframe, you should be able to drop the seat (whole backend) a bit that way without affecting the handling of the bike.

there was an sp on here ages back that had been modded this way.. i may have a pic somewhere
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by parby81 »

as said, you need to do the ride height adjuster first.This is the nut and thread at the very top of the suspension. You can see this with the seat and tank off, just forward of the battery tray. If you look at page 12-3 on the L model Suspension http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/Manuals/L%20M ... r%2012.pdf you can see the threaded section at the top with two nuts and a split pin. By moving these further down the thread you lower the ride height of the bike. Hope that helps
These things are sent to try us!!
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

ride height adjuster is normally at minimum anyway unless its been messed with, but yeh.. check it first.