Suspension Settings

Moderator: Moderators

JayQ
My Bike: tomos moped

Suspension Settings

Post by JayQ »

Had a look for this elsewhere in the forum as I suspect it will have been discussed before.

Does anyone have any advice on setting up the stock suspension? The manual gives recommended settings for an average rider of 68kg (obviously not in the uk).

I myself clock in at 75kg and am looking for some recommended settings for purely fast riding. It's sole purpose is for sunday scratching.

Thx.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

Change the shock for a better make Ohlins etc

Then it will be easyer to set up

A old shock is allways harder to set up you could get it serviced
JayQ

Post by JayQ »

Dont really want to spend any money on the bike this year. Plan on changing it start of next year ya see :smt002
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by sloweracing »

What ajustment do you have on the shock sorry mine has so many and never had a standard shock

etc High speed / low speed / preload / rebound/

might be able to help out if i know what ajustment you have

New website up and running
JayQ

Post by JayQ »

Standard adjustments are as follows;

Front Fork
Spring Preload Adjustment: 7 adjustment marks (default is 5th from top)

Rebound Damping Force Adjustment: 12 clicks (default is 7th click from fully turned in)

Rear Shock

Rebound Damping Force Adjuster: 4 settings (default is position 2)

The manual states the default positions are for a rider of 68kg. I myself am 75kg. Anyone any suggestions for some good fast road settings?
Cro

Post by Cro »

JayQ wrote:The manual states the default positions are for a rider of 68kg. I myself am 75kg. Anyone any suggestions for some good fast road settings?
Yeah, lose some weight, fatty. :smt110

Slopes off hoping no one notices I weigh 80kg :smt003
stonedoncalpol

Post by stonedoncalpol »

sorry to resurect this but well one of my bits that sticks out the top of the fork (the one adjusted by a flat screwdriver) is much higher than the other. is this not normal? daft questio perhaps but just wondered if there would be any reason for it other than my suspension is kanckered.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Not entirely sure, but i think that probably means its screwed out more then the other. One way to check is to screw them all the way in and screw out by the amount as standard.
Cro

Post by Cro »

Mines exactly the same, even screwing them all the way in then taking them back the same amount of clicks it stays the same.

Just out of interest calpol does the fron end on your bike feel OK?
stonedoncalpol

Post by stonedoncalpol »

feels rock hard. turns out they were all the way out. i set them to the defualt settig further up the page and it felt like riding a jelly. so now ive chosen some middle gorund. althought its made more difficult in that only the right one clicks. the left one turns without clicking. also my forks are set to the thrid line from top. does this mean that my bike will turn in slower?