636 forks zxr400 wheel spacer size?

Moderator: Moderators

gargarzxr
My Bike: 92 zxr400

636 forks zxr400 wheel spacer size?

Post by gargarzxr »

can anyone help me with spacer sizing for 636 forks with the zxr400 wheel? save me working it out. :smt015
guitarcarrot
My Bike: ZXR 400 L2

Re: 636 forks zxr400 wheel spacer size?

Post by guitarcarrot »

Anyone got any info on this?
noelb
My Bike: ZXR4H , H'Berg , BMW R12S

Post by noelb »

I've done it to a H model but - I'm in California, and my bike is in Ireland...... Sorry dude! I know its not a massive deal if you're racing and don't need the Speedo. Don't waste the chance to make the spacers captive while you're at it too. Manys a hurried wheelchange in the changeable Irish weather has been helped by captive spacers. Particularly if you race as a one man band....
guitarcarrot

Post by guitarcarrot »

aha well lucky you! I know where Id rather be!

is there a restriction that occurs when the speedo is removed, if so how do you go about removing the restriction? resistors etc?

Will definitely make them captive They have been thrown numerous times over the past few years!

The axle for the 6r is wider isnt it, just needs some bushes to go over the original axle?

Dont fancy popping back to paddyland soon do you aha?
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I just fitted the 600 wheel.................much easier
guitarcarrot

Post by guitarcarrot »

Are the pcds on the disks the same? tbh its probably less hassle to get spacers made up in my case, as I have easy access to a machine shop, and not much access to a disposable income sadly, until June that is aha when I start work at Triumph!

Do you know anything about the restriction cargo?
noelb

Post by noelb »

I used the ZXR H wheels, with just a pair of spindle spacers. Awkward mods to the spindle though. The brake disk spacing on the width was fine, radially (for the size of disk) needed 3.5mm spacers under the calipers. That was with GSXR1000 calipers, ZX6R B1H forks and H brakes (300mm?).

I've since switched to ER6 wheel, ZX6R disks and the smaller disks meant I needed to skim the mounts of the calipers. If I had ZX6R calipers, obviously they would have been fine.

The ZXR disks have offset carriers, the ZX6R (B1H at least) and ER6 are flat so the hubs are wider on the newer wheels.
guitarcarrot

Post by guitarcarrot »

What do you have to do to the spindle then? Yeah I've got those spacers sorted already :) although I needed bigger as my discs are 310mm

I'm planning on keeping the zxr wheel and discs and then just fiddling with spacers, good to know the info though and I'm sure someone else with find this thread useful in future!
noelb

Post by noelb »

Be warned that 310mm disks, radial calipers and a (hopefully) light race bike will put you over the handlebars surprisingly easily......With the 300mm disks mine had the 2nd best brakes I have ever used. The smaller disks are nicer to use and still have a serious excess of power........... Bettered only by my buddy's 310mm Brembo'd vfr400. Waaayyyyy to much brakes for the bike. Built for road racing though. Stick with it - the front end change is the single best mod I've done to my race bike. Watch the ride heights as well, the fork lengths might be different.