Topping up H1 forks

Moderator: Moderators

meetyourmaker
My Bike: zxr 400 h1

Topping up H1 forks

Post by meetyourmaker »

Hi I got my front end re built and the guy filled the forks up so far and said they need to be put back on the bike tehn topped up so i did thia and he bailed on me and left the forks only partly filled, can the forks be filled whilst they are on the bike ? if so how can this be done and what will i need ?
Thanks in advance
Needhelp
My Bike: H1

Re: Topping up H1 forks

Post by Needhelp »

If there upside down forks Id of thought they would of had to come off the bike as my personal mechanic took mine off filled em up but after you put il back together DO NOT PUT THEM ON THE SIDE OR ON THE FLOOR !!!
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: Topping up H1 forks

Post by CaNsA »

You can fill the forks if they are on the bike, lift the front end up 1st though.

But you have to put a certain amount of fluid in.
If you are measuring the volume of the fluid it shouldnt be a problem, as long as you know how much is in there already or you can completely drain the forks before filling.
You cannot measure the gap from oil to rim of the fork as the forks are at an angle and you will not get a correct reading.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::