improving exhaust clearance

Moderator: Moderators

ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

improving exhaust clearance

Post by ross46 »

First off, can I just say that this post is not a show off look at me cock waving post, genuinely need some help. So lately been riding faster and faster, leaving further etc and it has got to the point where the can is scraping the floor, fair enough, little scrape hear and there I find fun, but today has got enough, going round corners in a spirited mood and almost getting thrown off as im going round the corners and end up riding on front tyre knee and exhaust which then unloads the rear and tries to highside me. So what are my options to stop this? I have scorpion headers with an art racing can, stock suspension with stock settings. Is there any adjustment I can make as its now crossed the line from cool to downright dangerous. Thankyou
alanh
My Bike: zxr400 L racebike/R1

Re: improving exhaust clearance

Post by alanh »

i bent the can hanger bracket in a bit on mine as it was decking out at pembrey, found that jacking the rear up a touch more helped too. also sharpened turn in
zxr400L Race Bikes Competing in EDIASIA F400 and thunderbikes with BMCRC in 2016 and an RD125LC MK1 restoration project
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

How about riding slower?

No really, im serious.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Visit your local zorst makers and ask for a high level link pipe.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

Will try hacking up the rear, if not then the link pipe. And im not even caning it most of the time, I can go round a certain corner at 60 but the can is scraping at 40, just lean it over and it does it, no heroics attempted, well most of the time, you have to every so often or it gets boring biggrin
Robbie
My Bike: zxr400

Post by Robbie »

Need pics
AFM327
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by AFM327 »

Don't ever remember scraping my pipe unless the bike was sliding along the ground without me. I'd guess your body position needs a bit of correction. I go faster than a lot of people I'm teaching at track days without ever touching my knee, much less dragging parts.