depth of shock linkage bearings

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

depth of shock linkage bearings

Post by Miles »

Hey guys long time, hope everyone is well.

Having finally got round to powder coating a few bits and pieces I have come to put new bearings back in.

However I notice that the shock linkage bearings could be pressed all the way in till they touch or just enough to get the caps\seals on. I'm thinking they should just go in as to allow room for where a grease nipple would have feed from. (My linkage does not have nipples)

If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great

Thanks
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Re: depth of shock linkage bearings

Post by KwakKwak »

The needle bearings sit just as you describe with the grease seals seated just touching the bearing, there is a slight gap in between the doubles.
I've been shouting this across Belfast lough, but you obvously cannot hear me in noisy Bangor :pmsl
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Post by Miles »

Cheers

I'm starting to think Carrick is the place for zxr owners. Both you and Cargo are up there and the owner of a zxr I saw the other is carrick side as well :smt017
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

Centre or the ZXR universe alright, interesting to know who the guy you met is, there are many many ZXRs within a few miles here, and many of them belong to that cargo bloke you mentioned, there has to be more of them in say a 15 mile radius than anywhere else. We are ZXR World.

Give me a wave across the lough someday :smt003
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.