Nitron shock

Moderator: Moderators

Tinman
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr 400

Nitron shock

Post by Tinman »

Hi ya. I'm new to the forum and the zxr. I rode the bike for the first time on Saturday. I love the handling and chuck-a-bility compared to my aprilia mille. However I did notice that the rear shock was very harsh over the bumps and chucked me out of the seat a couple of times on our bumpy roads. The shock is the only thing that will knock my confidence in the corners.

I have read about people putting shocks from other bikes in place of the standard one. I don't really want to go down that route so was wondering if anyone had any experience of the basic nitron shock which can be had for just under £400 quid on eBay.
Leey
My Bike: Zxr400L8

Re: Nitron shock

Post by Leey »

Hi Tinman,

Welcome to the forum I have no experience of the basic Nitron shock but have just fitted the nitron ntr track shock 2way to my zxr.

Its by far 1 of the best mods I have done to my bike a bit expensive but the rear end is a lot more forgiving now and the zxr handles sweet now.

A lot of peeps run the Ohlins shock they pop up second hand from time to time for about 300-400.
Tinman
My Bike: Kawasaki zxr 400

Post by Tinman »

Did your shock just bolt straight in with no modifications? How much did that set you back?if you don't mind me asking.
Leey
My Bike: Zxr400L8

Post by Leey »

Yeah bolts straight in just need to mount the remote reservoir canister cost about £540 posted this was set to my weight and riding style etc.