fork stanchions

Moderator: Moderators

lonewolf
My Bike: zxr400 hi

fork stanchions

Post by lonewolf »

Hi
do L stanchions fit H forks.
im struggling finding H stanchions cant find any.
cheers
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: fork stanchions

Post by banner001 »

The fork lowers are different as the two bikes use different brakes and disks.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
mentalminis

Post by mentalminis »

Hi Lonewolf

I'm also struggling to find fork stanchions for my H model and was wondering the same thing, the price of re-chroming is about £100 each so i thought if i could find a set of L forks second hand with good stanchions it might be cheaper to just swap them out and do a reseal job on them to complete the rest of the L fork would then be junk to me.

Is this where you were going with your train of thought as well. I have literally logged on to see if I can find out if the actual stanchion is compatible, if you find out before i do please let me know and i'll do the same.
mentalminis

Post by mentalminis »

Lonewolf

I think the actual stanchion its self is different having found a firm that do replacement stanchions for both the L and H models they are listed under different codes i'm not sure as to how they are different mind you but if you care to make an enquiry of your own the company is called All Bikes Engineering and can be found at the top of page 1 using google search
lonewolf
My Bike: zxr400 hi

Post by lonewolf »

Hi
I got new ones from ABE all bike engineering 90 quid each made for me one day delivered the next superb service, .
mentalminis

Post by mentalminis »

got a quote of £100 each and they will rebuild forks if required for £50 each....

you are happy with the quality of the stanchions lone wolf i thought i might order some myself, it's cheaper than having them re-chromed
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Post by Mori Man »

lonewolf wrote:Hi
I got new ones from ABE all bike engineering 90 quid each made for me one day delivered the next superb service, .
I do recommend them too - should anyone else get a pair ask them to hard chrome them for street use , if you do track stuff get them nitrate coated :smt004
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly