Sp front spring length

Moderator: Moderators

stu71
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400sp

Sp front spring length

Post by stu71 »

How do chaps does anyone know if the L model sp fork springs are the same length as the normal L springs? as i've just got a mint pair and want to set it up for my weight, also does anyone have an sp service manual or any info at all, never seen one and search all over the web for one thanks Stu
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Sp front spring length

Post by masterofinsanity »

i've got a feeling the sp forks are different length mate & as far as i am aware there is no sp manual available otherwise it would be on here :smt003 there is the race manual on this site but wether that tells you anything? i aint looked.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

im taking a set apart as soon as i can get in the shed mate. Gotta change the oil and seals, ill have a measure of em if ya can wait till then......im not sure what internals they have tho...chances are they have ohlins or maxton bits inside, so mite not be much use to you..
stu71
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400sp

Post by stu71 »

ok thanks jake would be good to know, if any one knows the length of a standard spring and i will strip my sp ones down and measeure them and also let you know the length of them for future ref, while looking on the k tec website found out the zxr400 L springs are the same as if i remember right cb600f, sv650, hornet, firestorm. cheers master there has got to be one some where for the workshop surley, can't see a company realeasing a product with out the maintance manual for it, must be some kind of section as a suppliment, i know we get suppliment manuals for new changes to our cars from year to year and just one main manual. Stu
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Post by Northern ANdy »

blatently copied from L manual
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy