H1 forks damping adjustment .. how many clicks ??

Moderator: Moderators

zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

H1 forks damping adjustment .. how many clicks ??

Post by zimm »

ok,

Emma's ZX4 is wearing H1 forks and so is my H1, now the forks on the ZX4 have always felt crap, they kinda clunk a bit, the damping adjusters feel um, not very well made and there's more stiction (?) than i'd like .. this is despite them having been freshly rebuilt just before i bought the bike i took them off.. i kinda figured that maybe H1 forks had different internals to later models, and anyway, they were miles better than the skinny RWU forks that used to be on there .. so we/she/I just lived with it and "do something about forks" got added to the "make bike perfect" todo list and forgotten about..

My H1 however, whilst the forks are ostensibly identical, feel completely different, they are supple, well damped, and feel just like the revalved L forks ive got in the garage.

this could just be because Emma's were "rebuilt" by the same twat that built the rest of the bike we got them off (and it was a proper mess, mainly new parts, but assembled SO badly it was mind boggling) and are basically a bit fecked.. or mine have been reworked by somebody at some point and have lovely aftermarket internals ..

so, after all this rambling ..

how many clicks of rebound damping adjustment do you H1 owners have on your forks .. ??????????

cos mine have ~15, and Emma's have 7 ?!?!?
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Re: H1 forks damping adjustment .. how many clicks ??

Post by zimm »

someone with an H1 must know how many clicks they have ?

ive checked the manual, and that says 11, which neither of mine have.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

how many H1 owners are there zimm? :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

fair point .. lol
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

i gots 11 on the j1 forks...which ive noted are far better working forks than the h2 sp ones i have... both been rebuilt, same oil etc....
i was gonna send my sp ones to maxton, but i got that same email from them with those prices, and thought , 300 squids+...no thanks
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

butt, that means both of them are weird .. still its only one set that needs attention..

if im dead lucky mine have maxton bits, my L's have (afaik) and they have more clicks than stock.

when you J1 which model do you mean ?

your forks have the plastic covers round the damping adjuster ? H2's dont, and nor do L's.

like this ??

yeh, I was thinking about getting maxton to sort my L forks as the 600 lump is heavier and they struggle, but for the same money i can probably grab a 636 radial frontend, so will probs go that way and sell the re-valved forks that ive got, which again i bought second hand and already modded.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by zimm »

well, Emma's forks DO have 11 clicks, but the adjuster is just stiff as hell, they need a strip and rebuild ..

and the others.. 20 clicks now ive actually counted them .., but they work well enough so can stay as is.
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

zimm wrote:butt, that means both of them are weird .. still its only one set that needs attention..

if im dead lucky mine have maxton bits, my L's have (afaik) and they have more clicks than stock.

when you J1 which model do you mean ?

your forks have the plastic covers round the damping adjuster ? H2's dont, and nor do L's.

like this ??

yeh, I was thinking about getting maxton to sort my L forks as the 600 lump is heavier and they struggle, but for the same money i can probably grab a 636 radial frontend, so will probs go that way and sell the re-valved forks that ive got, which again i bought second hand and already modded.
hey zimm, the J1 being the h1 sp. the forks look the same as the standard h1, but im told they have different internals,nitrade coated or somethin, they do feel very good.
jordangse

Post by jordangse »

My H2 fork had 11 clicks, like manual said. Probably bad adjustement for nut inside fork.