headstock bearings

Moderator: Moderators

mentalminis

headstock bearings

Post by mentalminis »

Hi guys,

hoping somebody can help clear this one up, i've come to refit the headstock bearings on the zxr400 H1 but i think i've been sent out the wrong ones as there appears to be a 1mm discrepancy, the tube is 46mm Ø and the bearing has 47mm Ø this is the same top and bottom so the bearings don't appear to be sided.

Unfortunately i don't have the originals to compare to anymore and whilst i've tried to search the old internet for the original dimensions i can't seem to find them, has anyone got any idea as to what they are so i can see if these are the wrong ones, a 1mm tolerance seems a awful lot.

thanks in advance
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Re: headstock bearings

Post by CaNsA »

What part numbers did you order?
What part numbers are on the bearings?
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
mentalminis

Post by mentalminis »

I'm away from the house at the moment but I purchased the bearings through wemoto and they only list a description not part numbers, I've tried to find the bearings on the microfiche but I can't see them anywhere
mentalminis

Post by mentalminis »

right the code on the bearing is 32005
mentalminis

Post by mentalminis »

just been checking out ebay and managed to find a listing that states the dimensions and they are the same as the bearing i have

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kawasaki-ZXR- ... 415dbb8b31

so i'm all good, it's just a really really tight fit, seem ok to you cansa??