Moderator: Moderators

MillaMeter
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: K ZXR400 L2, H Rebel 125

Handling a bit hesitant

Post by MillaMeter »

Hi,

Basically, when I take the bike into a bend, it sort of hesitates whether or not to lean. I'm loosing my confidence leaning now because it just feels like the back end is gonna slide out. I've checked the front forks for leaks... nothing, same with the rear. Forks are both at the same settings. Tyre presures fine, bike recently had new bearings front and rear. I'm runnign out of ideas. I know the rear tyre is starting to sqaure off a bit.

Another weird thing i'm getting is a single knock coming from the headstock every time I hit the front brake. would that be the headstock bearings shagged / loose?

Regards

Rich
MillaMeter's ZXR400 Restoration Click HERE!
ZXR400s 4eva! I miss mine already :(
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Handling a bit hesitant

Post by masterofinsanity »

i would say the reason you are feeling the hesitation is down to the tyre squaring off, either get a new tyre or stop riding like a wuss :smt003 and yes your headstock probably needs tightening or replacing the bearings.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
andyvanderpandy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr400L3

Post by andyvanderpandy »

MillaMeter wrote:Hi,

Basically, when I take the bike into a bend, it sort of hesitates whether or not to lean. I'm loosing my confidence leaning now because it just feels like the back end is gonna slide out. I've checked the front forks for leaks... nothing, same with the rear. Forks are both at the same settings. Tyre presures fine, bike recently had new bearings front and rear. I'm runnign out of ideas. I know the rear tyre is starting to sqaure off a bit.

Another weird thing i'm getting is a single knock coming from the headstock every time I hit the front brake. would that be the headstock bearings shagged / loose?

Regards

Rich
ive got that knocking thing going on here. someone suggested it was a break pad rattling, which i think maybe the case. when i took the calipers off at least on piston was sticking allowing a bit of excess movement on the pad. every time i pop it out and clean it sticks again. ive some nissin calipers to fit when it gets warmer of a garage builds itself outside my house, am hoping this will cure that.

this may sound silly but has your hestation coinsided with the crappy weather, the roads around here are awful at the mo, even when they look reasonable.
andyvanderpandy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr400L3

Post by andyvanderpandy »