Still - dodgy left turns !

Moderator: Moderators

tk400
My Bike: ZXR400 , ZXR950

Re: Still - dodgy left turns !

Post by tk400 »

What was the bearing shaft condition, seals , repacking and original bearings like. Were they reinstalled correctly.
buckleb
My Bike: zxr 400 h1

Post by buckleb »

no marks on the shaft. old bearings were in working order just changed them for piece of mind. seals all replaced and seated properly bearing prepacked in grease before assembly all checked to be seated properly. after assembly all pivots checks for correct movement and not abnormal excess movement. bike then test ridden to check for abnormallities everything was better than expected. all bolts then checked and re torqued. bike was riding fine up until about a week ago then it started developing the problem stated above.

so to eliminate some possibles today i've .........
-removed front wheel checked bearings and re greased. :smt011 :smt013 i did have fun.
-removed back wheel checked bearings and re greased.
-removed swingarm checked bearing and re greased.
-inspected swingarm shaft
- :smt017
-re aligned back wheel and tensioned chain.
-checked fork oil levels
-tyre pressures

now all i have to do is ride it to see if the problem is still there chopper
buckleb
My Bike: zxr 400 h1

Post by buckleb »

just got back from a quick ride this evening, didn't have any problems when out so hopefully its solved. dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin dancin

I will give it another ride tomorrow evening to see if it pops its head up again.

hopefully this will be of help to others. only wish i could give an outright answer to what the problem is/was.