ZXR400 H steering head

Moderator: Moderators

wayno
My Bike: FZR600R

ZXR400 H steering head

Post by wayno »

I am currently fitting a ZXR400 front end to my Zephyr but ran across a problem last night.

I have managed to find some bearings, by the way I noticed a thread on here with someone saying you can't source them yourselves, this isn't true, all you need to do is measure the O/D, I/D and overall thickenss, they are standard tapered roller bearings, and only come in set sizes so find a bearing dealer (or search the net) and get either a KOYO (original fitment for Kwak) or NSK/SKF as these are the best bearings (cheap bearings are crap). I managed to buy a top and bottom bearing for £12 delivered (they were Koyo ones)

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent. The problem that I have is that the seering stem although being the same length has slightly shorter length over the thread, and the Zephyr has a huge nut/seal and then a 5mm thick locknut.

Does anyone on here happen to have some pics of the ZXR400 H steering head nut/seal/locknut arrangement (in bits would be better but doubt anyone will. I'm wondering if I can put the whole lot on. If anyone has a spare they can take some pictures of I may be interested in buying it if I think it'll work

Thanks
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: ZXR400 H steering head

Post by cargo »

There is an exploded drawing in the manual and prob in the parts microfiche too
wayno

Post by wayno »

I don't have the manual, I just got th efront end of th ebike, the microfiche oddly seems to be missing these parts
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

The manual is on this site...................like the site you are on right now

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400/manual.html
wayno

Post by wayno »

That'll be me being a div then, thanks mate, you may have just saved my sanity :)