Zxr400 h1 swing arm help!!!

Moderator: Moderators

jackzxr
My Bike: zxr400

Zxr400 h1 swing arm help!!!

Post by jackzxr »

Hi all, I hope someone can help!

I have the h1 and the swing arm has a T shaped piece that can be removed so that the chain can be removed without the need to split it. For the first time ever I have removed this piece as part of the restoration project to find it has broken in two and only had the bolt holding the two parts in place.

Any ideas on where i can find a new one or fix this one?

Kind regards

Jack
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Zxr400 h1 swing arm help!!!

Post by banner001 »

its a simple item for a machinist to mill from aly, probably cost you £50 plus the cost of a small offcut of aly.

my mate runs a waterjet company - "aquajet" in coventry. if you give them the dimensions or post the damaged one to them im sure they can sort you out, half the workforce are bikers, one used to run his own hire business and breakers yard.

failing that, the part number is 59071-1134-CE, you can give cradley kawasaki a ring, but i doubt they have the part, or can get hold of it for you.

the t piece snapping is a fairly common problem, you might have to buy a whole swingarm and take it from that...though i cant find any for sale at the moment, but motorcycle breakers may have one in stock...
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
watsonm359
My Bike: ZXR400H2

Re: Zxr400 h1 swing arm help!!!

Post by watsonm359 »

Did you post this request elsewhere in this forum as I replied to the message? I've got a spare one in my garage, but that's in Norfolk and I'm currently in South Wales for the next two weeks. I may however be going back this weekend, so if you still want one and can wait I'll post it to you.
PM if you're interested with details of where to send it.