vfr single sided swing arm

Moderator: Moderators

crashtester01
My Bike: tomos moped

vfr single sided swing arm

Post by crashtester01 »

hay guys been offered a frame realy cheap std silver 1 which could do with a bit of tlc and i was woundering if eny 1 on here has fitted or tryed to fit a vfr single sided swing arm to the zxr or if eny 1 has ever seen this done before.now im not to technicaly minded but my old man is a toad hot engineer but eny gide lines or help i could get would make things a bit easyer cheers guys :smt003
I can fly..........ouch that hurt guess I cant. wheres the bike gone!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

yes mate i did, you will need to get spacers made up, if i remember right the spindle is thicker on the zxr too so new bearings will have to be sourced, you will need to align the sprockets by offsetting the front, also the vfr has an 18" rear which alters the handling a fair bit, you will be better off getting a triumph single sider or if you can afford it a ducati one. best off luck!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
crashtester01

Post by crashtester01 »

went to have a look @ a vfr swing arm not to impressed with it. And the guy in the brakers said that id have to put a spacer behind the sprocket carryer to get the right alinement just like you said dude but by the looks of things il have to do that with eny single sideer i fit but the triumph 1 dose look better and i can get hold of 1 off a T995 with wheel and brake for £350 but that wheel looks pritty big :smt103
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

the triumph wheel is a 17" as far as i'm aware, also what about an MV augusta jobbie??
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Bikerz

Post by Bikerz »

Yes master cos we all made of money :smt005
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
crashtester01

Post by crashtester01 »

I wish m8 going to be doing this on a budget as it is.The zxr has got to come off the road the wireings shoot 2 sh*t as soon as it rains the bike dies on me so its going to get striped again 4th time lucky but this time im going to do it all instead of trying to save money picked up the spare frame for a huge some of £25 :smt040 and im borrowing my m8s c90 :smt078 (sorry that happens all the time i think of rideing it) to go back and for to work yes ok you can all stop laughin now
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

first powered 2 wheeler i rode was a C90, can hardly call it a bike can i? hed some laughs on it , was a naeve 13year old then :smt003 the days when the police had rover SD1s with big orange stripes, boy i remember it like it was yesterday.
crashtester01

Post by crashtester01 »

god you are old :smt046