Track to Road bike cat b right off HELP

Moderator: Moderators

lakey009

Track to Road bike cat b right off HELP

Post by lakey009 »

hi, i have been after a ZXr400 and i have noticed the difference in price between a rtack bike and a road bike alot i have seen the track bikes have been much less.
i saw one which is been a cat b right off so cannot be put back onto the road and i was wondering if you could just get a new frame with a log book and transfere the parts over but i am not sure it would be legal.
im new to bikes so dont know much about this topic area so i was looking for abit of help around this area.

any help would be great thanks alot danny
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Track to Road bike cat b right off HELP

Post by masterofinsanity »

can't see why you can't use the parts off a track bike and rebuild it into a new frame providing you have a log book for the new frame and it aint been written off.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
lakey009

Post by lakey009 »

thats what i thought because the engines arnt numberd like cars and i have found some frames for sale with number plate and books so if you couldn't there would be no need to sell the frames. thanks just needed a bit of advice ill look into it. thanks again.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

the engines are numbered mate but i'm sure the insurance write them off for damage to the frame not the engine, them the frames on ebay you've seen? couple of members on here have frames for sale try cargo or fallsoffslowly.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.