Xeon Halogen Lamps

Moderator: Moderators

kabatza

Xeon Halogen Lamps

Post by kabatza »

I was very happy with my ZXR main beam light performance, and not too unhappy with the low beam.
The thing is, when the low beams got blown last week i thought of upgrading to cool blue HID look (not real xeon HID) bulbs with 6500k color temperature. I even decided to get the 100/90w ones instead of the 60/35 standard ones and I thouhgt my lights will be great after this.

I had to cut the 2 of the 3 legs of the H4 bulb as the japanese ones are slightly different, but i managed to install them OK.

Now......I cannot see nothing out there! anyone had similar experience with those bulbs?

The low beam seems not to bad, but no noticable improvement. The main beam 40w over the stock is toad. I was on an unlight motorway doing 80mph and it was scary because could not see anything apart from the white lanes.

It seems to iluminate the white lanes quite well but nothing else. The light of the stock bulbs was making the asphalt grey iluminating the white gravel in it and I could see Ok.

i think I'm going to buy a pair of 100/60w or 100/80w standard ones like I had on my bandit and they were turning the night into day.
If God is Omnipotent....Why Did He Need to Rest on the Seventh Day?
Bikerz
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bikerz »

u wont be able to get xeons on a bike legaly without 1000's being spent
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1