Headlight problems

Moderator: Moderators

itsmeste

Headlight problems

Post by itsmeste »

Hello Everyone :smt003

Does any one know where the headlight relay is on a 1991 zxr400 jap import?

Because my problem is that my headlight sometimes doesn't come on when i press the start switch but if i press it 1 or 2 times again while the bike is running it will come on, so i'm guessing its a sticky relay?

Also when i'm riding the bike, randomly the light will go off.

Very strange and anoyin. :smt017

If any one can give any advice that would be great.

Thanks
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

aren't the relays under the seat next to the battery?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.

Post by Guest »

itsmeste if you find out where the relays are please can you let me know, im having major issues with my headlight not working im sure its not an earthing problem so might be this,

thanks

Leanne :smt003
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Have a listen for the relay clicking when you start the bike. Since it doesnt come on right away and only after a few more clicks of the starter, have a listen for the relay switching over.

Post by Guest »

thanks rob ive checked that now and its all working fine so back to the drawing board!

Leanne
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

So for information for itsmeste, where abouts is the relay Leanne? :)

Post by Guest »

under the seat the one on the left hand side is the starter relay, and the indicator relay is on the opposite side,

Leanne

Post by Guest »

After a few hours of tinkering with the wireing i managed to find the problem, it was the fuse box. the fuse was fine but there must be a lose connection in the box itself, i changed the wiring so it didn't go through the box and the head light worked fine. If any one else has this problem try changing the fuse box this may work for you, but don't change the wiring permently so its not going through a fuse as this is a fire hazard. :smt018

Thanks to every one for there help :smt001
itsmeste

Post by itsmeste »

Anonymous wrote:After a few hours of tinkering with the wireing i managed to find the problem, it was the fuse box. the fuse was fine but there must be a lose connection in the box itself, i changed the wiring so it didn't go through the box and the head light worked fine. If any one else has this problem try changing the fuse box this may work for you, but don't change the wiring permently so its not going through a fuse as this is a fire hazard. :smt018

Thanks to every one for there help :smt001
This post was mine forgot to sign in. oops :smt003